Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I am back! Really, I am!


I think I am back…to blogging. I have missed it to be honest, even though my life is changing in ways I never expected, the simple joy of writing a blog post was, and still is, important for me.
To summarize my friends, these past five months have been nothing short of brutal. For the past 15 years I have worked on the family business, one that had been going strong for almost 34 years. Suffice to say, because I don’t want to get into details about this, we have decided to close the company once and for all. This is a huge blow to me and my family. I still remember spending part of my summer vacations inside the manufacturing plant that in so many ways has become a very important part of my life, and I am not even talking about it in terms of money. This company has been with me forever, I have heard my parents talk about work all of my life and been a part of it has been a great privilege and an honor. The last couple of years have been tough for me and for my parents, but I will forever be grateful for what they were able to achieve, for giving me and sisters the means to obtain an excellent education and to have been able to spend so much time with my parents. I will treasure the 15 years I spent in the manufacturing plant forever.
With that said, it is time to move on. I am not very good at lingering over decisions. I either make them or not. I don’t want look back now, and even though the prospect of working anywhere else is daunting, to say the least, it is also a very good opportunity to start over. Not many people get that in life.
So, I am now officially on the market and looking for work!
So besides surfing the web, entering my CV into databases has been a very tedious and LONG process, I have also been busy working in my other projects, which include a translation business and, of course, my writing.
My writing has evolved into something that has a face now, a form, it is tangible enough for me to see it transforming into a novel.
The Druids grove is clearly broken into 4 stories, at least at this stage. I have finished one already, the longest one, and I am half way through the second part now. The third part is already outlined and some of it is written and the fourth is outlined only.
X is done and the whole novel idea is outlined. Children of the Sea is not outlined but I have something like 100k words worth of drafts and chapters that need some editing and love. Telluride is outlined, and only a short story is written from it, and my newest project, The Knight of Storms and the Vampire Witch is just a work in progress.
My main goal is to publish my e-book independently by the end of the year, a feat that seems to come closer and closer as I type these words. I am now writing between 5 and 10k words a day, and I will continue to do so until I get a new job or die trying (not literally :D)
The blog will be updated each Monday again!
There are a LOT of books, games and other reviews pending!

See you soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment