Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NaNoWriMo begins!

Well, finally, November is here and with it comes NaNoWriMo, one of the most challenging events I have ever been a part of.
The ominous 50,000 words in one month sounds scary enough (it comes out to roughly 1,600 words per day) but the fact of finishing the novel, be it 50k or more or less words is the real deal for me. I have not finished a novel, EVER. I have only finished 3 short stories, but no novels, so this is a big deal for me, and one of the main reasons I signed up. I fell that is it time that I up the ante on my writing and begin to take it more seriously, or at least be more responsible in terms of discipline.
Like I have stated before in this blog, I want to finish a novel first, then day dream of what I am going to do with it (either self-publishing or sending it around).
I found some very interesting tips around the web, and I will share with you the best list of tips, for me at least, that will help you, if you are signed up for NaNoWriMo.

There is not much else to say this week, I have been preparing my outline and I am ready to go.

I will let you know how I am doing next week.

See you and happy writing!

Links:


0 comments:

Post a Comment